Monday, December 8, 2014

Miss Ruby Jane

Our little miss is here! There is nothing sweeter than a newborn. Ok, maybe watching your first baby- now a HUGE toddler- snuggle his new baby sister, that might be sweeter.

We are all in love with Ruby Jane and Rhett might just be the cutest big brother ever. He can't go 15 minutes without holding her, kissing her, or smothering her with hugs.





My pregnancy was great and my delivery was even better! I was induced a week late and we all thought she would come in the morning, but she was ready! 4 hours after I got to the hospital, I was holding my baby girl! I loved my doctor, nurses, and everything about the University Hospital.



Ruby was born at 10:27 pm and weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz- a big healthy girl!





 







Not a fan of her first bath




 Rhett couldn't come into the hospital, so we had to introduce Ruby to him in the lobby. The first thing he said was, "That's Ruby. She's gonna cry." We hadn't told him who she was or anything. The whole time I was telling him about Ruby while I was pregnant, I didn't think he was getting it, but he really understood what was going on! He hasn't stopped loving on her since.
  







William and Ruby, cousins born only 3 weeks apart.


Her first sponge bath at home- not fun!


Life with two is crazy and fun! And so very tiring....

 

1 week old



 She could lounge anywhere! She hates to be swaddled and loves stretching out. 


The rare moments where both kids are sleeping. Heaven right here. 










This pretty lady has our hearts! She is such a sweetheart and we cant imagine our lives without her.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the last two posts - the end of an era with Rhett, and the beginning of a new one with Ruby. What a beautiful family! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete