Monday, November 8, 2010

My Incredible Wife

Believe it or not, this is Mitch!  I wanted to take the chance to record some of the things that are the most important to me.  I'll try to make it a semi-regular occurrence.  First things first. . . .

This is my beautiful, amazing, incredible, did I mention beautiful? wife.  Kelsie.  You know her well, but you don't know how amazing it is to be married to her!  She is so thoughtful and funny and kind.  I go to bed every night and wake up each morning amazed at how lucky I am.   


Kelsie dominates life. She is always thinking of me and she does so much.  She is a star Guess-Who? player, connoisseur of all chick-flicks, championship KanJam partner, elegant dancer (she has literally brought me to tears before as she performed, as wimpy as that may sound), physical trainer, professional teacher, concert pianist, kind nursery leader, tireless cleaner (it's sad that she has to be, but I am getting better!), master event planner, huge Cougar fan, dynamite chef, and so much more.


I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but more than once she has demonstrated that she actually knows more about sports than I do.  I remember one of the seal-the-deal moments for me when we were dating was when we were watching a BYU football game together and there was a simple lead play up the middle.  She turned to me and said, "isn't Vakapuna such a good fullback?"  Stunned.  Speechless. I just nodded my head and said, "Yes."  I had just been thinking the same thing, but never expected her to know that!  Just the other day she was mad at me for watching the Heat/Celtics season opener.  It wasn't because she wanted to watch "So You Think You Can Dance" (although she probably would have liked that), it was because Boise State was playing and she was mad we weren't watching that.  Last example: the other day someone randomly mentioned something about football and Kels turned to me and asked, "Didnt' Daunte Culpepper play for the Vikings?"  I honestly didn't know the answer.  I had to look it up on Wikipedia. Yes. He did in fact play for the Minnesota Vikings. Basically, she is AWESOME!!! 

I think this video sums up Kelsie pretty well. Listen to the random lady narrating her climb. Turn up the volume and watch her shine!




Ha Ha!  I can't watch that enough!  Every word of it is true!  Just impressive. She makes life look effortless and just amazes us all.


We love her even when (especially when!!!) she is being a little speddy : ).  She just knows how to make life a constant joy.  I can't tell you how many times I have found myself laughing until my stomach hurt at the dinner table or in the car.  She just brightens up every day.  You can't help but be your best self around her.  She just makes me ridiculously happy.

To the love of my life:  Thank you for being so incredibly perfect.



I LOVE YOU!!!!

6 comments:

  1. (Add your thoughts about how awesome Kelsie is here. . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so embarrassing. My husband is obviously way too good to me and has gone crazy since starting med school. I don't want to erase his only post so I won't but please just skip this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to add to that! Kelsie is the nicest person ever. She is one to always look at the good in others and is not easily offended! Kelsie is someone who wants everyone to be happy! Kelsie I love you and mitch that was sweet.. I am so glad someone loves Kels just as much as I do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, this is so so so cute!! And yes, Kelsie is super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I'm so happy that I found your blog and so happy that Mitch posted this! I love it and Kelsie you are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ditto...we love kelsers so much. you are a very lucky man. we all have a lot to learn from sweet kels.

    ReplyDelete