Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Witchy Witchy.. Screamy Screamy..Happy Happy Halloweenie!

Things are getting a little spooky around here...We're keeping our eyes open for anything.


This tree is actually a spiderweb tree with real spiderwebs in the branches and on the cloth but because of our ceiling fan, it looks more like we got toilet papered. Those dang kids!
Lisa sent us the dress up your monster stickers and the Halloween card. Thanks!
We made some sugar cookies during an afternoon off. I got some cute cookie cutters shaped like Frankenstein, a black cat, a witch hat, a ghost, a pumpkin, and a bat and put them to work.

I love Halloween! It reminds me of my Grandma Evy. She loved Halloween too. She would dress up like Bony Legs and scare all of us half to death. I had nightmares of her for years..maybe still do. Once in a while, after the family Halloween party, Bony Legs would choose a lucky winner and would hide in that person's closet for a little extra scare when they got home. Sometimes when I'm looking through a dark closet, I imagine I'm seeing a black cloak with fur around the hood and my heart starts pumping fast. I can still hear her famous Bony Legs cackle and see her scary eyes and her hands rubbing her little pet skull as she told one of her very scary tales. I miss her and her fun traditions so much. She and my Grandpa made our family what we are and I am so grateful to them for that. She made Halloween one of our family's favorite holidays (or least favorite, depending on how scared you were of Bony Legs).

4 comments:

  1. I love the stories of your grandma. I definitely know where your dad gets his creepy acting skills at Halloween time!
    Your decorations are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. My dad is exactly like her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are crazy! I love it!! I wish we were all in utah and could have a party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorating skills are top notch! I love it!

    ReplyDelete