Thursday, October 7, 2010

There's No Place Like Home...

Oh how I wish home was only a click of my heels away. I was lucky enough to go back to Utah last week for my cousin Devin's wedding. It was so fun to see my family and friends and the beautiful fall leaves and the cool nights and everything that I had been missing. Mitch couldn't come with me because of school again so I made it a short trip. (Note from Mitch: It wasn't short to me!!!!)

I had told my little sister Natalie that I was coming in on the day after her birthday but had secretly changed my flight so I could be there for her big 15th birthday! When she got home from school, I was hiding in her room and surprised her. She was so confused and asked me, "Are you...wait were you...was this always the plan?"
We had so much fun together and I was so glad I made it for her birthday. She is growing up so fast and is such a good girl. She even drove me around while I was there! We went out to dinner to California Pizza Kitchen and kept the night interesting for everyone else around our table with Rex and Rich yelling for more pepperonis all night. Our waiter was glad to see us leave I think. 




I woke up early with Nats to do her hair and makeup for her game later. I was so excited to see Nats in action cheering at a volleyball game. She was such a good cheerleader and it looked like a fun group of girls. 



We got to help the Meiers get ready for Devin and Mia's reception which was at Tuscany and was so beautiful. Mia made a lot of her decorations which was fun to see.


The wedding dinner was pretty much a stand up comedy show with all of the Meier boys up on stage. It was at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I sat next to my cousins Jake, John, and Judd who are all living together down in Provo. I tried to talk them into getting married soon so I could come home for another wedding!
My cousin Brooke and her husband Cj are applying to medical school next year and we are trying to get them to come to Baylor with us.

Devin and Mia lucked out with warm beautiful fall weather and such a fun night. They had jump rope, dancing, gelato, a great band, and everything worked out perfectly.


 
One thing that I just had to do before I left Utah was go up the canyon. Minds, Brady and I went mountain biking up Millcreek canyon and it was just what I needed. The leaves were changing and it made me wish that Houston had some mountains of their own.
I also got to go to Mitch's little brother's football game on Friday night. Of all the things that I did in Utah, I think this one made Mitch most jealous. He hates missing his brother's senior season. Greg played amazing and scored two touchdowns! One of them was off a 49 jet play. I don't know exactly what that means but I memorized it so I could tell Mitch later cause I knew he would squeeze every detail he could out of me. I sat with my mother-in-law Lisa and her mom Helen and it was so fun to get to chat with them and catch up on all the family stuff. I love them!
As hard as it was to leave Utah and my family, it was good to get back to my other home in Houston and see Mitch and all of our friends here. I guess there really is no place like the home where I'm supposed to be, Houston.

2 comments:

  1. your trip was definitely way too fast... we need someone else to get married really soon so you'll get another trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Kels!

    You're update texts from the game were perfect. It was fun to get them!

    ReplyDelete