Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Who knew you needed a coat in Houston?

The White Coat Ceremony is a big deal. That and graduation from medical school seem to be the big days in the life of a med student. In between those two days is a lot of studying! (As I am posting this, Mitch keeps lifting up his arms or hand to look closer at them. I guess he is studying their structures for his anatomy test in a couple of weeks but it looks like he's gone crazy to me.)

Dr. Peterson. Looks pretty intimidating...
I don't know what I was expecting, but the ceremony was way better than I thought it would be. We heard funny and touching stories from older med students about what it meant to wear the white coat. I think Mitch will be such a great doctor. All of the qualities that they mentioned a good doctor would need reminded me of Mitch. He is loving school and I am so excited for him. The only downside to it all is I get to see him less. And when I do see him, I usually avoid the hug because he smells like cadavers. I'll have to get used to that.

This picture was on Baylor's website. Mitch you're famous! The one on the very right
actually served with Mitch's brother BJ on his mission.

This is the whole class. 192!









John and Heather live in our same complex so we get to do a lot of fun things together. They are from Arizona and are so great. We are so lucky to have such great friends down here. It makes it so much easier to be so far away from home.
Mitch goes to school at the largest medical center in the world! It is crazy how many hospitals there are so close together. Mitch is going to get so much experience in the hospitals because he is surrounded by them! These are just a few pictures of the medical center right around Baylor. It's a lot bigger than this and I want to get some better pictures of it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment