How does time go so quickly? I can't believe I have a two year old! As much as I love newborns, I LOVE 2 year olds! Rhett is so much fun! He talks so much and is such a goofball. He loves friends and playing with them. As soon as he sees them, he starts giggling and goes and laughs right in their face. He loves cars, animals, rocks and balls the most. He is really into owls, witches, and ghosts for some reason (I think it was because of a book we got at the library). Rhett knows his shapes, colors, and some of his letters and numbers- mostly because he has a really good memory! He just learned how to give the best hugs, and calls them "squishy." He is also really into hitting me, spitting his food out, coloring on the walls/table/floor, and seeing what his boundaries are. Time out is just starting and not working so well. He loves his daddy, but is still a mama's boy.
Some of my favorite words/phrases that he says right now:
- "Its gonna be loud." whenever I take out the Bosch, blender, blowdryer, Rhett says this.
- "Playing, playing this." if I tell Rhett it's time to change his diaper or go down for a nap, Rhett tells me he's playing.
- "Busy."- Rhett tells me when he's too busy to do something I ask.
- "Ok" or "ahh yeah" "yeah yeah"- he answers his own questions. "Play cars? Ok" "Fruit snacks? yeah yeah"
- "Throw it far"
- "Runnin fast"
- "Ready, set go!"
- "Daddy's here! Mommy's here! Rhett's here!"
- "Louder"- the music always needs to be louder. "hotter"- always wants the water hotter.
- "Sorry, sorry"- if he's bumping into the table while he's trying to get around you.
- We ask him What do you want for lunch? "ahhhhhhhhh (for a long time) chicken? ham? cake? fruit snacks?"
- "Bless you"
- "Hey you!"
- "Love you!"- melts my heart.
Songs you know and sing along to:
-Jesus' Baptism (currently your favorite)
The day before your birthday is your daddy's birthday! So it felt like a lot of partying.
You definitely thought the basketball was for you.
Your birthday started with balloons in your crib, a special birthday breakfast, an ob appointment for your mama and a chipped tooth while you were waiting with daddy :( , a zoo trip, lunch at Chick-Fil-A, opening presents, and cake with your friends that night.
Thanks goodness for Grandparents sending great gifts!
Happy 2nd birthday Rhetters! We love you! Now you can stop growing up.