Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Birthday Boy


My baby turned one. I can't believe it! I have a one year old. How did that happen? I feel like I just barely figured out how to change a diaper and give a newborn a bath.

 Now I am getting used to dirt, rocks, scrapes, bumps, bruises, tantrums, and best of all, hugs and kisses, laughing fits, tickling, hide and seek, first words, animals noises, and something new by tomorrow I'm sure. I can't keep up!

Rhett is so full of life and personality which makes being his mom so much fun and so very tiring! I love this little crazy boy so much!

The day started out in his birthday suit of course.



Daddy was working nights so he was supposed to be sleeping during the day, but he couldn't miss your first birthday.




We went to lunch at Chick-Fil-A and it was the perfect place for your first birthday lunch. You wore your birthday crown (thankfully- usually you won't wear hats) so everyone knew it was your birthday.


This was a good plan because you scored free birthday balloons and a cute little Chick-Fil-A cow and two free ice creams. Two of the workers there were loving spoiling you.

Demanding more ice cream...


Off to the zoo next...


The meerkat even stopped to say Happy Birthday...

Dad was so excited to do this tradition they do in Korea on their first birthdays. You put the baby in the middle of a circle of different things and see what they crawl to first and that is what they will be interested in. You crawled straight to a picture of our family! Glad you love us too.


Dad had to go to work so we quickly ripped open your presents, and watched you eat your first piece of cake. You loved it!

You got one of your new favorite books from my sweet friend Martha and her little girl Louise,


and lots of other fun presents.




The next night, you helped Daddy put together one of your favorite presents, a rocking horse from Nana! You loved the drill and feeling like Daddy's helper. 


On Saturday, we had your little party. We had so much fun planning it. Your sweet aunt Mindy made your adorable invites...


We made lots of cakes for the party and loved decorating them. Mitch always ends up being more talented than me. He was in charge of decorating the Lone Star cake for Rhett.


Some of the details of your Texan picnic...




You loved playing with your friends and running around the park. We were so lucky to have such beautiful weather. 





Getting a picture with all the babies was pretty impossible. 

Happy Birthday Rhett! We love you!

6 comments:

  1. Seriously adorable. Love all the cakes, and the Korean tradition. Can't believe he's 1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad he crawled to the family photo! What a perfect birthday. You are seriously an amazing mother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Kels! Already the cutest mom..that picnic is darling! Happy first birthday to your darling little guy! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite the event! You guys are such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was the nicest first birthday EVER! And Rhett was so agreeable to everything. My favorite part was helping Daddy with the rocking horse. SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok... I am so sad I couldn't be there! What a fun birthday party. I miss you guys and that adorable little man. Can't believe he is one year old! I might have to do that Korean tradition... cute :)

    ReplyDelete