Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Day at the Beach

My friend texted me this morning inviting us to go to the beach. At first I thought, that sounds way too hard with Rhett. But then Mitch and I talked each other into it and I am so glad we did! Rhett did so good and pretty much slept the whole time. It was a perfect day at the beach- breezy, sunny, warm water, and a happy baby. It was my first time feeding Rhett on the go and it felt so freeing knowing that we can go somewhere for longer than two hours before we have to rush back!!

Being in the sun all day with a new baby did not sound like a good idea so Mitch bought some beach umbrellas from good ol Walmart. They were perfect!


Mitch lathering up for the day... he's so hot. :)


The crew. We're so sad our friends on the right are moving soon. We have to enjoy as much time as we can with them. The friends on the left are stuck with us for at least two more years! He's in Mitch's med school class.


Mitch has kind of let himself go since becoming a dad. ha ha. Besides the fact that he is counting every calorie he ever eats and has lost 15 pounds in the last 3 weeks. He bought Rhett this hat for the beach but Rhett didn't need it while he was sleeping in the car seat so Mitch thought why not use it. Looked pretty good on him. Also notice his wolf man beard and inside out shirt. I just asked Mitch why he was wearing it inside out and he answered, "It's cool." Hmmm.


 I, on the other hand, always do my hair and make up and shower every day since having a baby. Just kidding. It's a miracle if I blow-dry my hair instead of just letting it air dry curly.


 Rhett must have been mesmerized by the sound of the waves cause he was out!





 When Rhett did wake up, we let him take his first dip in the ocean. He loved it! Life is so much better with Rhett. He makes everything more fun!




6 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun trip! Now I want to go to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels so good to get out and do something with the babe. It's exciting! I'm so happy you guys had a great time. It looked like a blast. Rhett is so darling and you are beautiful! Mitch might float away if he keeps counting those calories. Just kidding! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babies and the beach go together, especially when there is shade provided! I'm glad you guys talked each other into going. Another fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Motherhood fits you well! What a great mom you are! What a fun day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had your first beach outing with the baby and that it went so well :) I got kind of sad when I realized we're no longer close to the beach. I hope you can visit us in San Antonio soon! miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh! This makes me miss you and the beach SO much! It's not too late for a road trip! :)

    ReplyDelete