Friday, May 23, 2014

Moving Home

I knew I would be sad leaving home to move to Houston. What I didn't know is how sad I would be to leave Houston to go back home.


Packing up Rhett's nursery was the worst. So many memories just packed up tight in a box. There is nothing sadder than an empty  house. 

My cute neighbor came and helped me clean and pack up. Her little boy is one of Rhett's best buddies!


We had a quick goodbye party before we took off. I was glad to get to say goodbye to everyone,  but it made it that much harder to leave.





It was really hard for Rhett to see all of his toys and books packed up. And the one that made him really mad was the coffee table where he played with his toys all day. He screamed and cried when the boys took it to the moving truck. It broke my heart to hear him cry as he said "bye bye house" to our first little home as a family. 

I think I bawled for the first 30 minutes of the drive home. And kept tearing up along the way.



Rhett was a champ on the 24 plus hour drive home and my mom and dad were saints to drive the moving truck back through miles and miles of nothing.


 We were all glad to see the Utah state line!


Kev was there to welcome us and gave Rhett a tour around his new house! Rhett couldn't believe all the open space to run and play!



 A welcome home hug from best buddy Tagg. At Cafe Rio, of course.


The entertainment crew for Rhett and the moving crew for us. We couldn't be luckier when it comes to our families. They are the best and helped us so much!


We are happy to be in Utah again! Especially with a backyard that looks like this,




and a front yard that looks like this. We are feeling pretty lucky!


No comments:

Post a Comment