Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Reason for the Season

           It's Christmas time...the best time of the year! I am loving the Christmas music and decorations and everything else that makes Christmas time so special. But I am so glad to have reminders about what this time of year is really about. We get to celebrate the birth of our Savior and hopefully spend more time thinking about him and his life and what he means to us.

        There has been no rhyme or reason to the seasons down here in Houston! We've had 65-75 degree weather all December. I'm not complaining about that, I'm just confused what season it is. In Utah, I know it's fall when the leaves start changing color and fall off the trees. I know it's winter when it gets cold and snows outside. But here in Houston, the leaves finally started changing a couple weeks ago and there is definitely no snow. I look out my window and it looks like fall. We go running outside in t-shirts and shorts and it feels like summer. But all the Christmas decorations are telling me it's winter! Just so you don't think I'm crazy, I took a few pictures to prove my point...
Keep in mind these pictures were all taken within the same week.

                                                                     Summer...



                 
                                                                           Fall...




                                                              Winter...





    Whether the seasons here make sense or not, I hope I can remember the true reason for the season this Christmas, our Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment